We are seeking part-time as needed instructors with Self-Defense expertise to teach one to two hour-long workshops for corporate clients and community members.
Class dates TBD, so we encourage you to apply even if you only have specific availability.
The class should be designed for beginners with a range in age and fitness level, and focus on basic self-defense that can be applied to various circumstances.
Examples include wrist-grab, bear hug, chokes, strikes, etc.
Safe conduct in practicing techniques is key. Instructor must be able to explain and demonstrate techniques and maintain injury prevention as well having an awareness of individuals’ comfort levels. Always ask permission and have the clients ask permission when making physical contact.
Experience in the following fields is a plus: Traditional Karate, Jujitsu, MMA, and similar specialties.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class start time
- Instruct groups of individuals in a safe and fun manner
- Offer modifications and support for individuals who are not typically active
- Demonstrate proper form and technique
- Certified and possession of liability insurance (both must be current)
- Previous experience as a group instructor
- Ability to train at all fitness levels
- Have reliable transportation and great time management skills. Being on time is a MUST